What is HAX? Allow the Earth to convince you.
Need more convincing? This is Jonah Hill. He's been on my Netflix.
Really? Still need more. Ok, how about actually useful things:
Additional info on who and why this exists
Goals of HAX
- Create a second to none content authoring experience (AX) that works anywhere
- Make content that is accessible, mobile friendly, engaging, and schematized by default
- Create a second to none developer experience (DX) to extend HAX by simply extending the web as a platform via web components
- Create integrations with CMSs, a desktop app and static site generators
- Support multiple structures of APIs to provide media to feed HAX (and content authors)
- Leave no trace it existed and work with any previously created HTML (within reason).
- Transform education through openly available and open source tools that create a freer society
HAX is built on a browser standard called Webcomponents. Its utilizing Polymer 1.x.x to do much of the heavy lifting. In the future we may move to Polymer 2 or 3 or StencilJS or pure web components. HAX "Gizmos" are able to interface with anything so long as it provides the right events and properties (single of each). We make this even faster if you use polymer and anything that currently exists can be wired to work with HAX.
Some sample things to import if you need more